I’m looking forward to the summer. The sun, sand and swings are waiting. I’m also anxious for strawberries. Here are 10 things I’m looking forward to most:
- Warm summer nights. There are few things nicer than sitting on the deck while a warm summer breeze blows at days end.
- Peaches. The sweet, tangy fruit that drips down your chin while you eat it is one of my favorites. I cannot get enough of them. There are also strawberries and raspberries and well you get the point.
- BBQ. I know we’re plant based now but there are so many things that belong on my BBQ. From tempeh burgers to grilled mushrooms the possibilities are endless and waiting to be explored.
- Picnics in the park. I just can’t wait until we can hit the park with our backpack filled with snacks and lunch so we can play all day.
- Watching the sunset on the deck overlooking the lake. We don’t live right on the lake but there are plenty of restaurants that have beautiful decks with delicious food and a great view. It’s one of my favorite date night activities with my husband.
- I love relaxed church! As congregations get smaller and shorts start to appear in the pews I find people are more relaxed and people seem happier.
- Afternoons spent reading on the back deck. My summer reading tends to be light and fluffy but it’s oh so enjoyable. A glass of iced tea and a good book make for the perfect summer afternoon.
- I love to hike and explore the countryside. We often hike while on vacation and love to go on long walks by the lake when we’re home. I can’t wait to get back on the trails. Perhaps I should begin training…
- Leisurely visits with friends. As many of my friends are ministers and others are in school or have children in school I find that the best time for getting together is the summer when things quiet down. With BBQs and get togethers happening weekly there’s no excuse to not see one another.
- Sandals. I love when the weather is warm enough that I don’t needs to wear socks it means summer really has arrived.