This is one of the busiest times of the year for me. Work is intense. There’s a lot to prepare for. At times it seems difficult to remain healthy. Let’s face it, the bunnies call my name as I walk the aisle at the grocery store.
While I’m not officially working I know this week in particular will be tough. There are a number of services to attend. I have the ‘big’ one to prepare for. With all that I have to do, I do not want to fall into the Reece’s Peanut Butter Egg trap. I want to remain focused and dedicated during this busy time.
To accomplish this I’ve laid out a plan. It’s a simple 5 step plan to help me navigate the Easter Season. Hopefully following the plan will give me the energy and stamina I need to to survive and thrive in the coming week!
- This week I will hydrate. Hydration is important and I tend to forget to drink water when I am busy.
- I will eat a healthy lunch (like Quinoa Salad) each day. I have a tendency when I get busy to skip lunch and wind up snacking all afternoon. This isn’t a good idea. I need to fuel my body with healthy ingredients that give me energy and provide me with stamina.
- Snacking will be healthy. With so many candy options available right now I need to make proper choices and avoid the bunnies! I plan to rely on healthier options like Dark Chocolate Energy Balls, Savory Pumpkin Seeds and Skor Dip with Apples to sustain me throughout the week.
- Exercise has to be a priority. I cancelled running once last week because I was ‘too busy’. I cannot let this continue. If I don’t take care of my physical needs I won’t be able to take care of my other needs. I have to be smart. I must prioritize.
- I will sleep. Sleep is important. I plan to be in bed by 11:30 at the latest. I know this is late for some of you but I have a tendency to work in the wee hours of the morning and this has to stop. I need to get on a better schedule. I want to feel rested and well each day.