Apparently I can’t post about anything other than food right now. It’s not that I’m not thinking about other things. There’s celebration with palms. There’s a cross on a hill. There’s waiting and wondering and then there’s resurrection. I’m thinking about it all. The thing is I’m not ready to write. So I present to you this salad.
Clare at Peak313 continued this week with her ‘Try It’ challenge. This week the challenge was to incorporate Quinoa into our diet. This is no trouble for us as we love Quinoa. I was first introduced to it last summer while away on vacation and it has been a staple in our diet ever since. One of my favorite ways to enjoy Quinoa is in salad form. This particular salad has a bit of a Mediterranean flair. It’s easy, quick, nutritious and tasty! Enjoy!
- 1/3 c sundried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2/3 c olive oil
- 1/3 c white wine vinegar
- 1/3 c balsamic vinegar
- 4 tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 2 english cucumbers diced
- 2 small onions diced
- 2 c feta cheese (light or regular)
- 2 c quinoa
- Rinse and cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Put the quinoa in the fridge to cool while you prepare the dressing.
- Put the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor and blend until the sun dried tomatoes are very fine. The dressing should be a grainy liquid.
- Combine all the ingredients together and toss well.
- Serve cold.
- This recipe will serve 8-10 people. It’s great for pot lucks or family gatherings. I sometimes make it for just my family. This leaves me with lunch for the rest of the week and it’s lovely to be able to just grab it from the fridge.
- I’ve often added olives and it’s marvelous! I didn’t add them to this particular salad but feel free to add them if you’re up for it. I only had jalapeno stuffed olives today and didn’t think the bite was quite what this salad needed.
A journey through Lent: day 35